In accordance with recent guidance changes issued by the CDC and the Oregon Health Authority, and informed by health care experts, state and regional guidance and staff input, Sitka will require all in-person workshop participants to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to taking, teaching, staffing or volunteering for our workshops.
We will provide additional information on the COVID-19 vaccination requirement, proof of vaccination process and implementation over the coming weeks.
By requiring vaccination and continuing to practice other virus prevention measures, we can best provide the quality of instruction, group learning and joyful togetherness that are at the heart of the Sitka experience.
We are now making plans so that fully vaccinated workshop participants will be able to:
• Verify their vaccination status in advance or upon campus arrival (CDC card, photo of card, record from health care provider – we will share more information soon about how to do this as state guidelines for vaccination verification are clarified).
• Participate in workshops without wearing face coverings and without physically distancing.
• Continue to wear masks and physically distance in our workshops and on our campus if they are more comfortable doing so.
• Eat lunch on the patio together, enjoy coffee and tea in our studios and eat indoors together if it is cold or rainy.
• Trust that all Sitka staff assigned to support the 2021 summer workshop season are fully COVID-19 vaccinated too.
• For those with a medical or non-medical exemption to the vaccine requirement, we can accommodate you with our online workshop options.
Sitka will continue to:
• Operate at 50% campus capacity this summer so that we can still spread out and accommodate workshop participants wishing to practice physical distancing.
• Ask all workshop participants to perform a self-evaluation before coming to campus and to stay home if they have symptoms.
• Provide hand sanitizer stations and keep high-touch surfaces sanitized.
• Offer online options for some workshops for those who are not vaccinated or who feel more comfortable participating from home.
• Follow changing national, state and county requirements closely and make changes to the summer workshop season and COVID-19 prevention requirements as necessary.
If you are not yet COVID-19 vaccinated, we encourage you to make a vaccination appointment or to reach out to your personal health care provider with questions about vaccination.
If you are currently registered for a Sitka workshop this summer but are not planning on getting vaccinated, please reach out to us at 541-994-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you request a medical or non-medical exemption or determine the best way to accommodate you within Sitka’s COVID-19 requirements.
All of the plans described in this update are subject to change in step with the latest national, state and regional guidance.
Looking forward to a safe, relaxing and creative workshop season with you on campus.