In accordance with guidance issued by the CDC and the Oregon Health Authority, and informed by health care experts, state and regional guidance and staff input, Sitka will require all in-person workshop participants to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to taking, teaching, staffing or volunteering for our workshops. Full vaccination will be determined by the most recent guidance at the time of the workshop, including all recommended boosters for those who are eligible to receive them.
By requiring vaccination and continuing to practice other virus prevention measures, we can best provide the quality of instruction, group learning and joyful togetherness that are at the heart of the Sitka experience.
Fully vaccinated workshop participants will be able to:
• Verify their vaccination status in advance or upon campus arrival (vaccination and booster record card, photo of card, record from health care provider)
• Count on masking requirements consistent with the latest guidance.
• Trust that all Sitka staff assigned to support the 2022 summer workshop season are fully COVID-19 vaccinated too.
• For those with a medical or non-medical exemption to the vaccine requirement, we will do our best to accommodate you with online workshop options.
Sitka will continue to:
• Ask all workshop participants to perform a self-evaluation before coming to campus and to stay home if they have symptoms.
• Provide hand sanitizer stations and keep high-touch surfaces sanitized.
• Follow changing national, state and county requirements closely and make changes to the summer workshop season and COVID-19 prevention requirements as necessary.
If you are not yet fully COVID-19 vaccinated, we encourage you to make a vaccination appointment or to reach out to your personal health care provider with questions about vaccination.
If you hope to take a Sitka workshop this summer but are not planning on getting vaccinated, please reach out to us at 541-994-5489 or email@example.com so we can help explore possible ways to accommodate you with an online option.
All of the plans described in this update are subject to change in step with the latest national, state and regional guidance.
Looking forward to a safe, relaxing and creative workshop season with you on campus.