There is an application fee of $25 to cover administrative costs associated with reviewing your materials.
Residency applications for Fall/Spring 2021/2022 are due no later than March 30, 2021.
Fall Residencies: October 4, 2021- January 4, 2022
Spring Residencies: January 17, 2022- April 24, 2022
We offer residencies ranging in duration from two weeks to three and a half months. We encourage those who can to apply for full-length residencies, and we understand that shorter stays are more practical for some people. If you are unable to participate in a full three and a half month residency session, please indicate on your application your preferred length of stay. Special residencies, where noted, may have separate deadlines and dates.
We welcome art and ecology inspired applications from a broad range of disciplinary and interdisciplinary practices.
Sitka is committed to equity and welcomes people from diverse cultures, backgrounds and experiences. Bringing together people from different backgrounds and fields of expertise is core to Sitka's art and ecology mission. From climate change and environmental justice to systemic racism and cultural appropriation, diverse perspectives help spark new ideas and collaborative approaches to address today's challenges in creative ways.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO APPLY
- Complete application including question responses
- Resume (.doc, .docx, or .pdf file)
- Work Samples - Include examples of your most current work as it relates to your application, using formats that best support the unique nature of your work (such as documents, images, files, links to performances). The following guidelines are provided to help you select the best number of examples to share.
- Visual Artists, Designers and Architects: Please include a minimum of 10 and up to a maximum of 14 high quality images representative of your most current work.
- Writers, Journalists and Poets: Please upload 2 writing samples of up to 10 pages each of your most current work. For poetry, short prose and other short-format written work, please submit 4 samples of up to 5 pages each. Excerpts are accepted for all writing forms. (Use .doc, .docx, or .pdf file types.)
- Scientists and Inventors: Please upload any combination of images, files and text that reflects your most current work. Please include any combination of up to 6 images or files (if applicable) and up to 2 writing samples of a maximum of 10 pages each ( .doc, .docx, or .pdf files).
- Musicians, Composers, Performers and Film Makers: Please upload 2-4 mp3 audio files, video files, or links to external audio or video files of your most current work. For longer works or performances, excerpts are preferred.
- Curators, Educators and Activists: Please upload any combination of images, files and text that reflects your most current work. Please include any combination of up to 6 images or files (if applicable) and up to 2 writing samples of a maximum of 10 pages each ( .doc, .docx, or .pdf files).
- Interdisciplinary Practitioners: Please upload any combination of images, files and text that reflects your most current work. Please include any combination of up to 6 images or files (if applicable) and up to 2 writing samples of a maximum of 10 pages each ( .doc, .docx, or .pdf files).
If you have questions about which or how many work samples to share, or how best to share them, please contact the Sitka Center office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 541-994-5485.
REVIEW AND SELECTION
We look forward to receiving and reviewing your application materials. The selection process is informed by peer review, and based on the applicant's field(s) of practice. Each complete application is considered individually, and finalists will participate in an interview process. We strive to host residents from a diversity of backgrounds and practices within each residency session. All applicants will be notified by email 8 weeks after the application window closes.