There is an application fee of $25. Please apply first before paying. If you encounter a problem call the Sitka Center office at (541) 994-5485.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Summer 2019 Artist at Sea: July 15-27
Fall 2019 Session: Sept. 30, 2019 to January 10, 2020
Spring 2020 Session: January 20, 2020 to April 30, 2020
We offer a variety of residency lengths, but encourage applicants who can participate for a full 3.5 months. If you are unable to participate in a full 3.5 month residency, please indicate on your application the preferred length of time. Special residencies may have separate deadlines and dates. Please see those specific residencies for details.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO APPLY
- Application Questions
- Resume, .doc, .docx, or .pdf file
- Work Samples- please include examples of your most current work as it relates to your application proposal:
- Visual Artists: Please include a minimum of 10, maximum of 14, high quality images that reflect your most current work.
- Writers: Please upload 2 writing samples of up to 10 pages each of your most current work. For poetry and short prose, please submit 4 samples of up to 5 pages each. (Excerpts are accepted for all) a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file types will be accepted as related to your application essay.
- Ecologists: Please upload any combination of images and text that reflects your most current work. Please include any combination of up to 4-6 images (if applicable) and up to 2 writing samples of a maximum of 10 pages each as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
- Musicians: Please upload 2-4 mp3 audio files or links to external audio files of your most current work.
SELECTION AND ACCEPTANCE REQUIREMENTS
We look forward to receiving your application materials. We are honored that you considered us as a place to invest your time and energy. The selection process is by peer review based on the specific applications and field. All applicants will be notified (by email) 8 weeks after the deadline.