CLOSE ✕
56605 Sitka Drive
Otis, OR 97368
541-994-5485
info@sitkacenter.org
Send us a note
Please contact us with questions! Please fill out the form and we will get back to you soon.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!

Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form

Events:Sitka Art Invitational

Sitka Art Invitational

Artwork by Deborah Unger


Sitka Art Invitational Overview:

The Sitka Art Invitational is a juried art exhibition and sale held in Portland, Oregon. The event occurs annually the first full weekend of November and brings together 120+ Pacific Northwest artists, each showcasing 3 pieces of artwork that connects to ecology. Work is hung salon style or placed on pedestals. Art sales are split 50/50 between the artist and the Sitka Center. More than 2,000 local art collectors and art enthusiasts attend the 3-day show each year.

Selection Process: 

A selected panel consisting of curators, artists, gallery workers and Sitka staff jury the Art Invitational. The members of the Artist Selection Panel rotate yearly and spend two months reviewing the artist's websites, portfolios, bios, process, and growth. 

 

In order to ensure an ongoing mix of perspectives, viewpoints and conversations, approximately 20% of the artists shown each year are new to the Invitational, with the remaining 80% of artists who participated in previous years. The panel strives for a diversity of art mediums from sculptures, ceramics, metalwork, glass, book arts, fiber arts, mixed media, photography, prints and paintings.


Due to the ongoing health and safety concerns regarding COVID-19, we are postponing the 2020 Art Invitational until November 5th-7th of 2021.

Party with the Artists

6pm-9pm Friday, November 5, 2021

Join the artists who make this colorful gathering an event to remember. Hors d'oeuvres, wine and hand-crafted beers accompany this lively celebration.

Click here for details and to purchase tickets.

Public Exhibit + Sale

10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday, November 6-7, 2021

Experience nature-inspired artwork in a variety of mediums and interpretations. The event kicks off with a party with the artists on Friday evening. Sales are shared 50/50 which helps support the Northwest art community as well as Sitka’s programs.

Location

World Forestry Center - Miller Hall

4033 SW Canyon Rd, Portland, Oregon

Call Sitka at: 541-994-54

Sitka Workshops in Portland

During the Art Invitational we offer workshops at the World Forestry Center. For a list of workshops click here and scroll to the bottom of the list.

Click for photos of the 2019 Sitka Art Invitational.

Support the Show

If you're moved to contribute in lieu of attending, please make a donation.

How can an artist get invited to in the Sitka Art Invitational?

We currently have a full list of potential artists for the 2021 exhibit.  If you are interested in participating in future  shows please submit your name, website address to info@sitkacenter.org with the subject line ‘Art Invitational Submission’. Please note it is important the website submitted is up to date with current work displayed and easy to navigate. 

Sitka Docent Volunteer

How can I volunteer?

Every year we rely on over 150 volunteers to help us run the exhibit smoothly. If you would like information about volunteer opportunities and a schedule of when we need help, please email our extraordinary Volunteer Coordinator, Amy O'Connor call 541-994-5485.